I have come to realize that every day is a new beginning and an opportunity to reassess, realign and move forward in a way that honors our intentions, our hopes and goals for our lives, and also brings love and light to ourselves, and those around us.
Sometimes the anger, the divide, the disappointment, the struggle, the fear - leads the show. Impulsively defending my position and working hard to keep it all together.
WORK. PARENTING. FAMILY. FINANCES. CHORES. THE DAY TO DAY. THE FUTURE.
In a moment of struggle today, I stopped and went to my writing. What feelings are beneath the holding and defending? How can I soften to myself and others, moving the doubt and fear, and making space to let more light in.
In this place I AM CHOOSING . . .
- to add to the goodness that is surrounding me, by expressing my gratitude.
- to be gentle and kind with myself as I learn and grow and see things in new ways.
- to slow down and sit in the stillness, allowing the empty space to show me the way of a compassionate and tender heart.
- to turn to words of poetry and wise scripture to inspire me and remind me of what I already know deep inside from moments past.
- to forgive myself for being unkind and expressing my hurt.
- to listen more, yielding a quality of connection and communication that feels so good and creates solutions and magic.
- to see the opportunity and the gifts of this present moment.
This is the healing. It can be simple. Focus on the good. Create space for more light and love. In the quiet, I come back to myself.
How do you move from upset to calm? From anger to understanding? How are you gentle with yourself through the process?